3. 21 — The First Chang Dynasty
Character development: Chang
Chang has always been a difficult character to peg. His charm (or lack of it) can vary from episode to episode, and his level of crazy is just unbelievable. Let's discuss how Chang works as a member of the Greendale community by looking at these episodes: 1.02, 1.11, 1.13, 1.18, 1.24, 2.01, 2.12, 2.13, 2.19, 2.21, 2.22, 3.01, 3.03, 3.12, 3.15, 3.18. Or why don't you cite your own nominee for most bizarro Chang moment. (EDIT: Did I say 1.11? I meant 1.10 - Environmental Science. I CAN'T leave out Chang dancing to Greene Daeye's version of Somewhere Out There.)
- What are Chang's biggest motivations? How do you see them impacting the plot of the past seasons?
- Do you have a favorite Chang personality? Which Chang do you want to see again?
- Did Chang's status as a former Greendale faculty limit the kind of relationships he could form with the other Greendale students and faculty?
- You've seen Chang as both adversary and ally (of sorts) of the study group. Do you think there is ever a chance that they would remain friends?
- Is it possible that the study group would not have tried to save the Dean? What would have happened to Greendale then?
- What is your theory on how Chang's army gained the upper hand at Greendale?
- Who do you think came up with the idea of an Ocean's Eleven-type elaborate heist?
- Discuss: "Love is not admissible evidence."
- Whose disguise do you like best?
- Favorite line and scene?
- Anything else you'd like to discuss?
Production Code: 320
Directed by: Jay Chandrasekhar
Written by: Matt Fusfeld & Alex Cuthbertson
Character Evolution: 3.08 Documentary Filmmaking: Redux | 3.11 Urban Matrimony and the Sandwich Arts | 3.21 The First Chang Dynasty